September project 4: blocks 11-15

Another update on my September project, even though September is officially over, my project isn’t done yet.

Weer een update over mijn september project, hoewel de maand september officieel al voorbij is, is mijn project nog niet klaar.

Block 11

September 11 had to be in this project. I discovered that by using Roman numerals, the date and the month mirrored each other.

11 september moest in dit project opgenomen worden. Ik ontdekte dat als ik de dag en de maand in Romeinse cijfers weergaf, ze elkaars spiegelbeeld waren (Amerikaanse wijze van datum weergeven).

 Block 12

This was a rather difficult day, I wasn’t feeling myself, was cranky and decided to stitch some lightning bolts using different colors.

Dit was een nogal moeilijke dag, ik was niet mezelf, was chagerijnig en besloot om enkele lichtflitsen te borduren in verschillende kleuren. 

Block 13

After my “cranky” day, I was looking for balance and the yin/yang symbol seemed appropriate to stitch. I stitched the outline with a stem stitch, did the curved line free hand and filled up one side with random satin stitches. The dots are made by a French knot, I used a thread of the linen for the ecru one.

Na mijn “chagerijnige” dag was ik op zoek naar meer balans. Dit yin/yang symbool leek mij zeer toepasselijk om te borduren. Ik heb de buitenste lijn geborduurd met een steelsteek, de kromme lijn uit de vrije hand en ik heb een van de delen opgevuld met willekeurige platsteken. De stippen zijn Franse knoopjes, voor het ecru knoopje heb ik een draad van de stof gebruikt.

Block 14

My brother’s father in law was taken to the hospital where he needed CPR for 15 mins. I am so thankful for the medical staff that they were able to save his life, that I stitched the Aesculapius in backstitches. I first drew the symbol on a piece of paper and then stitched it.

De schoonvader van mijn broer moest plotseling naar het ziekenhuis en is 15 minuten gereanimeerd. Ik ben de medische staf zo dankbaar dat ze zijn leven konden redden dat ik de Aesculaap heb geborduurd in stiksteekjes. Ik heb het symbool eerst op een stukje papier getekend en toen nageborduurd.

Block 15

I crocheted a mini-flower with German Vaupel & Heilenbeck thread and a 0.6mm crochet hook. I just needed to incorporate this flower into this project. It’s stitched down with a blanket stitch, I used lasy daisies for the leaves.

Ik heb een mini-bloemetje gehaakt met Vaupel & Heilenbeck garen en een 0,6mm haaknaald. En dat bloemetje moest gewoon opgenomen worden in dit project. Het is vastgezet met een knoopsgatsteek en ik heb lazy daisies gebruikt voor de blaadjes.

I am halfway through this project now and I am having so much fun. There are days when it is more difficult to come up with an idea, but most days, I just know what I want to stitch. And using different kinds of stitches and threads makes it even more interesting.

Ik ben nu halverwege dit project en heb er ontzettend veel plezier mee. Er zijn dagen dat het wat moeilijker is om een idee voor een blokje te bedenken, maar de meeste dagen weet ik gewoon wat ik moet borduren. En door verschillende steken en garens te gebruiken is het nog interessanter.

 

One thought on “September project 4: blocks 11-15

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s