A new primitive project

A while ago we received some of the latest designs by Stacy Nash and I couldn’t wait to start on Sarah Cricks. I had seen the picture and knew I just *had* to stitch it. Now it would be too simple to just use the DMC colors given by Stacy, so I decided to change them to Valdani threads instead. I love how these threads have subtle colors which are perfect for primitive designs. There is one color I haven’t figured out yet, but that didn’t stop me from getting the first stitches in. The fabric is French from a company called Gander. Too be honest, I have no clue which color this is. It’s a 36/40 count and I thought the color fit the design perfectly.

Now this design has a bit more stitching to it, than I imagined before I started. It’ll take me a while to get this one done, but I am aiming for a 2010 finish.

2 thoughts on “A new primitive project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s