The Queen’s Crowns are done!

Remember my May project? How I thought I could stitch those crowns in just one month? Well, of course that wasn’t going to happen, but I am pleased to report that just before I went on vacation, I put in the final stitches. The Queen’s Crowns are officially done. They are beautiful and it was a fun project to stitch.  I stitched it on 50 count Itialian linen with handdyed Soie Surfine by Tentakulum.

As is pretty obvious from the picture, I haven’t ironed it yet🙂. I have to consider how I want to finish this one. Maybe a dark wooden frame would be nice. For now I am just enjoying the fact that the project is done. If not in May, then in June. Still quite good I think🙂.

7 thoughts on “The Queen’s Crowns are done!

  1. Hi – Love your Queens Crowns piece. Your trip to Africa must have been just a like a dream. When I was young I always thought I would go to Africa but the older I get the more I feel that will not happen. International travel seems so unsafe these days. Enjoy! Melody

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s