Today I have a tiny WIP to show to you. Way back in late spring we received some 54/60 count linen from Zweigart and I couldn’t resist starting a wee project on this fascinating fabric. It is officially labelled as 54 count, but I have found that it is more like 60 count. Which makes for a staggering 30 crosses per inch (or 12 crosses per centimeter). It requires quite bright sunlight for me to stitch on it, but boy oh boy, it does look pretty.
I finished a project on this before, you can find it here. I also blogged about this project before, as you can see I have made a bit of progress since then (click here for the previous post about this project). The design is a free graph by Plum Street Design and you can find it here.
I am using a combination of Soie Surfine and YLI threads and have changed some of the colors a bit to suit my palette. I will leave the words and year out, and haven’t got a clue yet how I will finish it once it is done. Depending on the weather during my holiday break, I may be able to put in a few more stitches in 2009.
Plum Street Designs have a hilarious series about these Hares. There are some more free graphs on her blog. And she has released three designs so far to completement the series:
If I didn’t have anything else to do but stitch all day, these beauties would no doubt be featured in this WIP series as well. Alas, one can only hope.