A few weeks ago we decided to reframe my mom’s birthday gift from last year. I had tried my hand at a new way of finishing and it just wasn’t working. Finishing is really not my thing, unless I can do it by using backstitches. Anything else is out of my league. Fortunately, we have a great framer and he turned it into this beauty.
The design is from the same designer who made the Miniatures book, and I used Waterlilies Cherry on 40 count Newcastle cream. Especially taking out the threads for the drawn threadwork was a challenge, but I managed. What I do remember about this project, was that I had started quite late (nothing unusual) and did part of the stitching on the train back from my stitching group in The Hague.
I am glad that we decided on a new way of finishing, my mom will enjoy it a lot more this way.